Currency Exchange International (CXI) is a Money Service Business based in Orlando, Florida.
Currency Exchange International, Corp. is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CXI) and OTC (CURN). CXI provides a wide range of foreign exchange services to customers in both the United States and in Canada. CXI’s primary business channels to service customers are through its company-owned branch locations and foreign exchange partnerships with financial institutions and corporations. CXI has been providing global payment solutions for clients that span wide-ranging industries. As one of North America's leading foreign exchange wholesalers, CXI can provide personalized and efficient service, competitive rates, as well as a number of settlement options. To learn more, please visit: www.ceifx.com
Our Value Statement: We help our clients identify and create foreign exchange solutions, delivering a best practices approach through unparalleled customer service and integrated technology to create significant financial and operational efficiencies.
- Customer First - We earn the right to be our clients’ first choice.
- Integrity - We hold ourselves to the highest standard to build trust.
- Collaborative - We always win as a team.
- Innovative - We find new methods to deliver change and advance technology to the industry.
- Passionate - We are driven to be the best in class.
Currency Exchange International is looking for a Full-Time System Administrator to join their team at the Corporate Office in Orlando, Florida.
Currency Exchange International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
CXI is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator with a primary focus on Windows, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, VMWare, and Network Administration. The role will be primarily responsible for Windows operating system environments, Active Directory, and Azure Active Directory configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and support. Networking, on-premise virtual infrastructure management, cloud resource management, and site reliability engineering experience are also encouraged. The position may require some availability after-hours for urgent issues and scheduled changes.
- Design, install, secure, configure, backup, and maintain highly available IIS/.NET/SQL Server web application stacks. Managing and configuring Windows desktop and server operating system experience across the organization’s environment through Active Directory, Group Policy, Azure AD Connect, and other complimentary administrative platforms and controls.
- Implement, maintain, and improve a Windows OS and 3rd party software patch management infrastructure.
- Implement, maintain, and improve Microsoft 365’s offered capabilities to a hybrid userbase, including, but not limited to, Azure AD, AIP, ATP, ASR, CAS, EM+S, Teams, Intune, AAD Connect, Exchange Online, and O365.
- Apply industry standard security benchmarks either through Group Policy, Microsoft Intune, or other configuration management tooling.
- Diagnose, upgrade, and repair server, network, and other appliance hardware.
- Monitor server, network, and application performance via SNMP, WMI, Netflow, etc.
- Update and maintain asset inventory and endpoint management toolsets.
- Capable of applying network, server, and application security principles, to new and existing systems.
- Proficiency with PowerShell (or other scripting languages) to create scripts for performing frequently executed tasks, workflows, and/or reports.
- Plan, install, and configure local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), DMZ’s, and network segments and servers, such as file servers, DNS servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems (Cisco and Palo Alto GUI and/or CLI experience is a plus).
- Managing VMWare ESXi virtualized environments.
- Deploy, manage, and maintain compute and network resources on cloud hosting platforms, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Plan and manage data and machine-level backup platforms to fit business RTO and RPO needs.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
- Coordinate with other subject matter experts with regards to solving technical and operational
- Produce and curate network, data flow, process, and procedure documentation.
- Use, operate, and improve a ticketing system that’s used by internal stakeholders to report issues and track long term projects.
- Availability for planned work outside of normal business hours over nights and weekends.
- Availability for unplanned, on-call work in case of emergencies, outages, etc.
- Availability for planned travel to headquarters locations.
- Ability to document new and existing processes according to existing and recommended standards.
- Offer technical support and training for staff.
- Lead process improvements and modifications.
- Required to stoop, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field and 3 years of professional administration experience, or 5 years of professional administration experience
- Self-motivated and able to work in at team environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to organize work with multiple concurrent projects
- Action Oriented: Invests time in upfront planning to achieve organizational goals and objectives while meeting quality standards, following the appropriate processes, and demonstrating continuous commitment.
- Effective Communication: Effectively and appropriately interacts with others to build relationships, influence others, and facilitate the sharing of ideas and information. Uses tact and diplomacy to navigate difficult situations. Relays key messages by creating a compelling story, targeted to specific audiences.
- Nimble Learning: Continuously seeks opportunities to learn, questions the applicability of past approaches in the current environment, owns growth, and embraces failure as a learning opportunity.
- Optimizing Work Processes: Employee knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Situational Adaptability: Thrives and grows in a rapidly changing and complex environment. Displays flexibility, activates networks, and adopts a continuous growth mindset to learn from mistakes and bounce back from adversity.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position may require up to 10% travel.