Currency Exchange International (CXI) is a Financial Services and Technology Provider based in Orlando, Florida.
Currency Exchange International, Corp. is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CXI) and OTC (CURN). CXI provides a wide range of foreign exchange services to customers in both the United States and in Canada. CXI’s primary business channels to service customers are through its company-owned branch locations and foreign exchange partnerships with financial institutions and corporations. CXI has been providing global payment solutions for clients that span wide-ranging industries. As one of North America's leading foreign exchange wholesalers, CXI can provide personalized and efficient service, competitive rates, as well as a number of settlement options. To learn more, please visit: www.ceifx.com
Our Value Statement: We help our clients identify and create foreign exchange solutions, delivering a best practices approach through unparalleled customer service and integrated technology to create significant financial and operational efficiencies.
- Customer First - We earn the right to be our clients’ first
- Integrity - We hold ourselves to the highest standard to build trust.
- Collaborative - We always win as a team.
- Innovative - We find new methods to deliver change and advance technology to the industry.
- Passionate - We are driven to be the best in class.
Currency Exchange International is looking for a proactive, results-driven, and organized professional to the join the team as the Vice President of Retail Operations.
Currency Exchange International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Description: The Vice President of Retail Operations provides the leadership, organization, and vision required to ensure that the retail division has the proper structure, controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people in place to effectively grow the division and to ensure same branch growth and profitability. The position accomplishes this through a collaborative, respectful, and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
- Lead the entire retail division of the company.
- Review ongoing performance results for all branches relative to targets. Take corrective measures and/or escalate as needed.
- Lead the annual budgeting process for the retail division with Finance and support the MD DTC in updating our strategy for the retail portion of the Direct to Consumer division as needed.
- Identification and research of potential new locations for retail expansion in coordination with MD DTC. Generate projections for these new locations to support planned expansion.
- Oversee all significant components of each new retail branch opening (physical store design and buildout, hiring and training of Branch Managers and any other full-time staff, signage, marketing blitzes, etc.) after the signing of a lease until opening day to ensure that these new branch openings are completed in an efficient, timely manner.
- Project manager for any new retail-specific initiatives or products
- Act as a primary relationship manager to property management at all centers where CXI has retail branches and regularly reach out to the primary management reps at all of these centers to ensure superior relationships are maintained with each.
- Oversee and maintain any vendor relations specific to the retail division of the company
- Continually investigate and introduce retail process improvement measures and present suggestions to MD DTC for consideration.
- Provide regular reporting to MD DTC, senior management and/or to the Board, as may be required regarding retail operations.
- Keep MD DTC promptly and fully formed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Communicate areas of accountability and performance expected of personnel assigned
- Organize regular audits of all retail branches in the US according to agreed-upon audit protocols and standards
- Ensure all retail division staff are trained and follow regulatory policies so that there are no regulatory breaches from the division.
- Grow volumes and profitability of the division, and motivate employees to achieve this same goal.
- Maintain, seek, utilize and analyze data to manage performance, seize opportunities and make informed management decisions, taking appropriate remedial action as required to reach and maintain retail budgeted sales and net income contributions to develop and drive the business.
- To ensure that all branches are efficiently and effectively managed, visiting them regularly, and monitor their compliance with policy, procedures and standards.
- Work with MD DTC to develop and maintain the strategic business plan for the division.
- Develop plans to materialize strategy and analyze business proposals.
- Align processes, resources-planning and department goals with overall strategy.
- Research and monitor competition to identify threats and opportunities.
- Construct forecasts and analytical models.
- Monitor and analyze industry trends and market changes.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management.
- Dedicate to build and grow a strong and stable workforce.
- Effectively recruit, manage, train and develop talent.
- Ensure the effective management of all retail employees and ensure adequate staffing levels throughout the division.
- Provide support to employees so they have the opportunity to develop their skills in the role and to achieve growth in sales.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities, including the ability to recognize and cultivate rising talent.
- Establish and develop relationships with key internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, policies, processes, and employees.